Friday, March 18, 2011

Symantec Endpoint Protection Mac OS X 10.6.6 Live Update annoying

Commands:

symsched -l list the jobs for current user
sudo symsched -l does it for root
su jsmith, password, symsched -l shows for jsmith

I think it runs multiple times because it is configured for each user account on computer

Solution:

Delete all with symsched -d all and do that for every local user

Now run this and change the 24hr time to whatever time you want.  This will run for all users.
sudo symsched LiveUpdate "Update All Daily" 1 0 -daily 07:17 "All Products" -quiet

As far as I have noticed this has seemed to work. It stopped the annoying pop up of live update and the antivirus was a day or 2 old.

Sources: Link Link Link

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! seems more elegant than the cron hack i was going to try. I'll post my results with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU!! I haven't waited long enough for it to work yet but I think it will- despite scheduling it to run once a week it was running every time I opened my mac and then hourly. When I ran symsched -l it showed that every hour it was updating. Then I ran symsched -d all and it was deleted. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis