Wednesday, June 20, 2012

How to setup Eclipse to develop in PHP

This is for OS X.

I first went to here and downloaded the Eclipse classic version.  I also downloaded the 64-bit one.

Another couple of tidbits...

OS:  10.7.3
Using MAMP -> Other MAMP here

First thing you do is extract it.  I then moved the Eclipse folder to /Applications

I then launched Eclipse.  It told me I didn't have Java.  It will launch Software Update and download the correct version of Java.

It will then ask you about setting up a workspace.  If your using MAMP and want to use the htdocs folder, you will want to set the workspace to /Applications/MAMP/.

Note: In the instance you setup the workspace to some where else, go to "File -> Switchwork Space -> Other" to change it.

Next step is to go to Help -> Install New Software. Select the drop down box next to "Work with:" and select "--All Available Sites --". Wait a few minutes while it populates the fields below. In the filter box type PHP and you'll get 3 choices to install. Click finish and they will install.

If you already have existing files in a folder your going to use, I suggest as a backup to do a zip of all the files in the event something goes wrong.  I was fine, but just to be on the safe side, do it!

Then do File New -> Project, Select php project and type htdocs as your folder and it'll import everything you had previously.

If I find any more useful plugins or something else I"ll update this. If anyone wants to suggest plugs or tweaks please post in the comments below.

Source:  Link Link

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for the detailed insights about Eclipse to develop in PHP. Here I just wanted to know that can we use this Eclipse to develop in PHP into our WordPress Website Development? If yes than please tell me How can we use this and what are the benefits we are getting.. Thank You.

    Hire PHP Web Developer

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis