Thursday, March 14, 2013

VMware vCenter Converter Standalone: 400 Bad Request

I was trying to use vCenter Converter and kept getting this error when trying to log in.  I then realized I was doing it wrong.  I didn't need to login.  This worked for me, but it may or may not work for you.

Launch vCenter Converter Standalone -> select "Connect to a Local Server"

Click "Convert Machine" ->  Select your source

Click Next - > Select "VMware Infrastructure Virtual Machine" -> Browse to your file

Enter your ESX/ESXi server details -> Type in your username/password (Remember if your using active directory authentication its domain\username)


Click Next  -> Type the name that you want it to show up as in vSphere -> Click Next

Choose your destination (which pool) -> Click Next

Edit any info of the Virtual Machine if you need to -> Click Next -> Verify everything -> Click Finish

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis