Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Microsoft Office 2013 - Excel "Not Responding" Windows 8/8.1

I was having an issue with excel locking up when it was looking up data in another worksheet.  Worked fine in the older version of excel, but recently just upgraded to Windows 8/Office 2013.

Here is what I did to fix it:

Close everything you have open.

Open Windows Explorer, Navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\

Locate a file named osf.dll.  Right click it and select Rename.  Just add .old to the end so it says osf.dll.old.

Opened office and tried the files that were giving me problems.  The problem was fixed!

OS: Windows 8.1
Office: 2013

Source:  Link

**This did not fix the issue.  I ran CCLeaner and it looks like there were over 3GB of files in temp folders.  Will report back if this fixed it.

ShareThis