Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Facebook Business Page Name Change Denied No Matter What You Change It To

So after months and months of trying, I was ready to give up.  I tried every combo of ways of changing the name, but no matter what... Name Change Denied!  It was always a bot who replied.  You can tell for how fast it came back with the deny.  There was an option to appeal the deny, so I figured what the heck, worth a try.  Yea... nope.  I was lucky to even get a response.  Every appeal, I added a comment but no one from Facebook ever replied.  Then I got lucky.  Just searching google one day, I came across a community post that suggested how to get the bot to approve the page.  You would type your new name but also keep your old name separated by a hyphen.  Here's an example: "New Name - Old Name".  I was thinking to myself... "This is wayyyy to simple.  This is never going to work."

It worked....

I can confirm so far that this works.

Then in a week or so, change the name again by deleting the "- Old name".  Now you have the name you really wanted.

I'll update this post at a later date to confirm the 2nd name change also work.  I hope this helps someone like it helped me.

UPDATE: This worked perfect.  I didn't even have to delete the old name part.  I just merged the pages and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis