Monday, February 20, 2012

Server 2008 File Share Gives Access Denied to Domain Admin Account

I kept copying a file to a file share.  It would start to copy then it would say Access Denied.  Wait what?  I'm a domain admin.  I did the following and it seemed to fix the problem.

Original Permissions:
Administrators -> Full Control
Domain Admins -> Full Control
My Domain Admin Account -> Full Control

I added the following:
Everyone - Then check the following:
      Traverse folder / execute file
      List folder / read data
      Read attributes
      Read extended attributes

I then added:
CREATOR OWNER - Full Control


I copied the file to the shared drive again.  No error!

Source:  Link

1 comment:

  1. It is a UAC control feature with Server 2008. Set the settings in GPO to enable access for administrators.

    Local - Computer - Windows settings - Security settings - local policies - Security Options - User Acount Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt....

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis